As a side note, 45% of these rich individuals are relatively less wealthy than last year but as for the rest, their total net worth seems to be going up by the year.
Currently, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates are battling the spot for the world’s richest person with just a $1bn difference. In October, shares in Amazon fell approximately 7% after they reported poor third-quarter earnings and this pulled Bezos’ fortunes below that of Microsoft’s Gates’, who now is the wealthiest person alive.
What more is that Bezos could remain the second richest man globally if Amazon continues to invest heavily in his one-day shipping services, a service that he’s been promoting much lately and hopes that a less than 24hr delivery time will become a standard feature for all Prime members.
Let’s see who comes in after Bezos and Gates, as the world’s richest individuals in 2019:
- Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft – Total net worth of $110bn
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon – Total net worth of $109bn
- Bernard Arnault, CEO of Louis Vuitton SE – Total net worth of $103bn
- Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway – Total net worth of $86.6bn
- Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder of Facebook – Total net worth of $74.5bn
- Amancio Ortega, founder of Zara – Total net worth of $67.6bn
- Larry Page, co-founder of Google – Total net worth of $64.3bn
- Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google – Total net worth of $62.4bn
- Charles Koch, CEO of Koch Industries – Total net worth of $61.7bn
- Julia Flesher Koch, wife of the late David Koch – Total net worth of $61.7bn