The Blockchain conference is focused on teaching those who attend as opposed to selling ideas. Those who will be sharing knowledge include industry luminaries from the cryptocurrency community like Andreas M. Antonopoulos, René Pickhardt, Jameson Lopp, Pamela Morgan and many others.
Andreas Antonopoulos’ course is designed to inform professional beginners, ideally accountants and lawyers who can implement cryptocurrency in their careers. Developers will also benefit as topics on blockchain programming will be discussed. The information shared is designed to prepare the attendees to take the CBP examination.
The Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBT) exam is a test created by the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency non-profit organisation who are also the hosts of the Blockchain Training Conference.
Andreas Antonopoulos commented on the course saying:
Investing in education is always the best way to approach this technology. Education is rewarding, fulfilling, low risk and timeless.
The prep course will also cover the following points:
- The history of money, bitcoin, and how the price of bitcoin is derived
- Basic cryptographic terms, hash functions, encryption, and digital signatures
- Bitcoin Basics, including addresses and keys, transactions, the blockchain, bitcoin as a unit (e.g. millibit, satoshi), ways to earn, buy, sell, and store bitcoin, blockchain explorers and Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs)
- Bitcoin wallets, specifically: wallet types (hot/cold, paper, hardware, multi-sig, etc) bitcoin clients, and wallet backup/recovery
- Bitcoin commerce, including how to accept bitcoin for products and services
Following the course, those who attend can decide if they would like to take the Certified Bitcoin Professional exam on-site at BTC2019 or online. Attendees are encouraged to take the exam as it sets and acknowledges a benchmark of knowledge and proficiency within the blockchain industry.